Airline Transport Pilot Rating Requirements.
• Must posses at least a commercial helicopter pilot certificate with Instrument rating.
• Must be at least 23 years old
• Must read, write, understand, and speak english without an impediment that would interfere with radio communications.
• Must have 1,200 hours of pilot flight time (of which 200 hours & 75 PIC minimum must be in helicopters)
• Must have at least 500 hours of cross-country pilot-in-command (PIC) flight time.
• Must have at least 100 hours of night flight time (of which 15 hours minimum must be in helicopters)
• Must Pass an FAA Written ATP knowledge test
• Must have 75 hours of actual or simulated instrument time with at least 50 hours in flight and 25 hours PIC in helicopters
• Must pass an FAA ATP oral and practical flight test (Check ride)
Our FRASCA TruFlite H Simulator is a great tool for anyone looking to complete their Instrument time requirements for the ATP certificate. Check out our Simulator page for more details!